Friday, November 9, 2012

Good News of Great Joy!

I am shamefully behind on my latest post because we've had a busy couple of weeks. Plus, in the last week and a half, I've had two long doctors appointments. But it's for a good reason. I'm not sick, I'm PREGNANT with baby #2! I'm nearly 14 weeks along, and everything is looking good. We were able to have an ultrasound - partly because of my pregnancy history, but mainly to get a more accurate due date and determine how far along I really was.

We had a 6-week ultrasound when I was pregnant with Emma - entirely to see if the pregnancy was viable, or if they thought I would miscarry again - and she was just a tiny little bean on the screen, with a heartbeat going blip, blip, blip. So I was expecting a similar picture when we went in this time at what we thought was 12 weeks (really turned out to be 13 weeks) and I was shocked!


There was an honest-to-goodness baby in there! At 13 weeks, we were able to see a developing brain, legs and arms that kicked and moved, a tiny stomach and bladder, the beginnings of a spinal column, and a little face with eyes and a precious little nose!


It's amazing to think that there's a little lemon (about that size) hanging out inside me, and that it can already squint, frown, grimace, pee, and even suck it's thumb!

We brought the ultrasound photos home to show Emma, but - as we had anticipated - she was not very impressed! In what ways did you prepare your young children for the arrival of a new baby?

Do I really need to list my 3 good things today? Honestly? Today, everything is good.

1 comment: