Silky and Stretchy Play Dough: This was so easy to make, and only needs 2 ingredients! I've seen this all over Pinterest, but we followed this recipe. Start by pouring 1 cup of conditioner into a large bowl, then add 2 cups corn starch, and mix, mix, MIX!
Emma helped me stir, and towards the end, we mixed with our hands. You can also add glitter or coloring for more pizazz! This play dough is so easy to stretch and has a very unique texture.
Painting with Feet: My kids had so much fun finger painting our Mother's Day gifts, that I've been looking forward to more painting activities now that the weather is nice outside. Painting with feet is a unique art project! Roll out a long piece of white butcher paper. Ours was about 10 feet long. Be sure to secure it with some sort of weighted objects. We just used rocks. Drizzle a small amount of red, yellow and blue paint across your paper. Then let your little one walk and run and skip! Be careful! It can be slippery. Emma thought it was very silly and enjoyed mixing the colors. We even had fun washing up in the sprinkler! When your painting dries, it makes fantastic homemade wrapping paper!
And, of course...
Read: Reading is one of the best activities you can do with your child at any age!
A few of Emma and Bryson's current favorites are:
- Stuck in the Mud by Jane Clarke
- Boot & Shoe by Marla Frazee
- Tap Tap Bang Bang by Emma Garcia (Emma really liked that the author was also Emma!)
- Hide-and-Squeak by Heather Vogel Frederick
My 3 good things for today are:
- Bryson has started to sign "drink" in addition to "milk."
- Emma has started walking to the park instead of riding in a wagon or stroller - a great way to burn off some energy!
- We were able to catch and keep a turtle at home for a week. The kids loved having him for a short while and also letting him go back into the wild!