Decorating a Paper Tree: Emma loved decorating our tree, so I wanted to do some sort of Christmas tree activity this month. I cut out a pine tree shape from green card stock, and taped it onto some white printer paper and added a star. Throughout the month, she decorated it with various objects like Fruit Loops, pompoms, and paper circles. It turned out to be a great quiet time activity and kept her occupied much longer than I anticipated. This activity could easily be done as an "apple tree" at other times of the year.
And, of course...
Read: Reading is one of the best activities you can do with your child at any age!
A few of Emma and Bryson's current favorites are:
- Baby's First Christmas by Christina Goodings
- Snow by Uri Shulevitz
- Bear Stays Up For Christmas by Karma Wilson
- Merry Christmas, Ollie! by Olivier Dunrea
My 3 good things for today are:
- We have great weather outside for playing in the snow!
- Bryson is fully crawling, and...
- Bryson is pulling himself up on furniture to a standing position. I am choosing to keep a positive attitude and regard this as a "good thing" and NOT utterly terrifying!