Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Toddler Activities: 21 Months Old

One of the challenges of being a stay at home mom is finding activities for your little one to keep them entertained throughout the day. These are a few of our current favorite activities:


Throwing Practice: Since I'm technically overdue at this point, we've been finding activities for Emma to do that aren't too strenuous for 9+ months pregnant Mommy as well. Throwing practice is a great activity that Emma can do - with very little set up and clean up! - that I can either get down on the floor and play with her, or simply cheer her on depending on how I'm feeling. All this requires is a ball and a masking tape circle on the floor. You could also do this outside with a chalk circle. Simply set up your circle and let your little one throw!


Car Ramp: This is another great activity that requires very little set up and clean up and is fairly active for Emma, but isn't too much for me. All I do is set up a ramp against the couch using a 2x4, or a piece of cardboard. Then Emma sends her cars and trucks down the ramp, then runs after them and send them down again.

And, of course...


Read: Reading is one of the best activities you can do with your child at any age!

A few of Emma's current favorites are:

My 3 good things for today are:
  1. All my bags are packed and checked...and double checked!
  2. I've had a few extra days to get the house nice and clean.
  3. We're finally having real spring weather, and can enjoy trips to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment